Joseph J. Thomas
DDS, MAGD, FICOI, FACD, FICD
Dr. Thomas is a general dentist and has a passion for excellence in dental health and aesthetic reconstruction.
Dr. Joe Thomas has Dental Practices in Vero Beach (since 1990), and also in Fort Pierce, Florida (since 2014). Practicing general dentistry and providing nonsurgical and surgical care to thousands of citizens in Florida, with a strong emphasis on surgery, dental implant placement, extreme makeovers, cosmetic reconstruction, public education, and prevention of dental disease.
Some of Dr. Joe Thomas hobbies include Philanthropy, full contact Martial Arts, and vacation travel with his wife Beth and children, Curran and Kritika.
- Former Chairman of the State of Florida – Board of Dentistry – Gubernatorial Appointee
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (D.D.S.) from the University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Dentistry
- Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry (F.A.G.D)
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry Maxi-Course
- Prestigious Mastership in Academy of General Dentistry (M.A.G.D)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Over 1400 hours of post-doctoral dental continuing education
- Fellowship and Inducted into International College of Dentists
- Fellowship in the International Congress of Implantology
- Fellowship and Inducted into American College of Dentists
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor recipient
- Pro-bono volunteer Dentistry to the financially challenged at the county Health Departments and Clinics
- Guest lectures at UF, Nova Southeastern University and LECOM Schools/Colleges of Dental Medicine
A true Floridian,Tara was raised in Vero Beach. Tara has been in the dental field since 1997 and practicing dental hygiene since 2000. Tara graduated at Indian River State College in 2000 with a Certificate of Dental Hygiene and prior to Dental Hygiene she holds a Certificate of Dental Assisting also obtained at Indian River State College.
As a professional, her calling is to care for people and develop lasting relationships by promoting health, education and wellness through the provision of quality dental care. She attends a variety of continuing education courses that keeps her job interesting and exciting. In addition she serves on the State of Florida-Dental Hygiene Council to help ensure the safety of all patient's
In her free time Tara enjoys spending time with her husband being outdoors, boating, and just enjoying time with her family, friends and her two Chinese Shar-peis and a parrot that Tara has had for decades since she was a child.