SealantsSealants are thin plastic coatings applied to the deep grooves (pits and fissures) of teeth. In a majority of teeth, decay occurs in these deep grooves and can be difficult to clean properly. Sealants will protect the teeth by sealing out the bacterial invasion of the deep grooves and pits, forming a nice smooth surface that’s easy to clean.
Benefits of Sealants:
- Baby teeth – Baby teeth can have deep grooves, which if not sealed can result in a cavity prone child.
- Children and Teenagers – Ages six through sixteen are cavity prone years. After the first permanent back teeth appear (six year molars), sealants can be applied.
- Adults –Tooth surfaces with deep grooves without decay may be protected and preserved with sealants.
Oral Cancer ScreeningsYour comprehensive dental exam should include an oral cancer screening. These screenings check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums for any indications of cancer.
Benefits of Oral Cancer Screenings:
- Early detection
Professional Dental CleaningsAs your Ft. Lauderdale dentist, it is our belief that cleanings are what our patients do in the privacy of their own home with their toothbrush. Here in our office Dr. Joe Thomas and his team will provide you with comprehensive oral therapies, in order to ensure you a healthy, long lasting smile.
Benefits of Dental Cleanings:
- Removal of calculus or tartar
- Removal of plaque
- Tooth polishing
- Fluoride treatment
- Healthy, long lasting smile